|"He Was Only Twelve (Part 2)"|
|Season , Episode |
# overall in Series
|IMDb||He Was Only Twelve (Part 2)|
In this powerful and emotional episode, Charles refuses to admit that James will never recover from his gunshot wound. He leaves Walnut Grove with his adopted son, builds an altar in the woods and prays to God for a miracle.
- This episode shows the final appearances of Carrie Ingalls, Grace Ingalls, James Cooper Ingalls and Cassandra Ingalls.
- This episode is also shows the last appearances of Michael Landon, Karen Grassle and Matthew Laborteaux as regular cast members of the show.
- This is the only time Charles Ingalls is shown with a beard.
- David Rose won an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Music Composition" for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for "He Was Only Twelve, Part 2."
- Ted Voightlander was nominated for an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Cinematography for a Series" for "He Was Only Twelve, Part 2."
- Cassandra (to Caroline): Why does Pa keep talking like James is getting better? Why?
- Caroline: Because he wants it to be true.
- Cassandra: But it's not. And I can't stand to watch him anymore. Please, Ma, let me go away. Let me stay with Laura. I love James, but I can't.
- Doc Baker (to Charles): What you're asking for is a miracle.
- Charles: I've spent my whole life believing in God's word. Why shouldn't I ask for a miracle?
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Missy Francis: Cassandra Ingalls
- Jason Bateman: James Ingalls
- Don Beddoe: as Old Man
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 821: He Was Only Twelve (Part1)||Episode 901: Times Are Changing (Part1)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.