|"A Promise to Keep"|
|Season 8, Episode 19 |
#180 overall in Series
|Series:||Little House on the Prairie|
|Original air date||March 1, 1982|
|IMDb||A Promise to Keep|
|Written by||Vince R. Gutierrez|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
"Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow (Part 2)"
"A Faraway Cry"
Mr. Edwards' alcoholism, fuelled by his son's violent death, ruins his marriage so he travels to Walnut Grove to seek solace with his old friends. However, those long-standing friendships are put to the test when an accident, caused by a drunken Mr. Edwards, nearly costs Albert his life.
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Lindsay Greenbush & Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
- Matthew Labyorteaux: Albert Quinn Ingalls
- Wendi Brenda Turnbaugh: Grace Ingalls
- Missy Francis: Cassandra Ingalls
- Jason Bateman: James Ingalls
- Dean Butler: Almanzo Wilder
- Corinne Michaels: as Grace Snider Edwards
- David R. Kaufman: as Carl Sanderson Edwards
- Kyle Richards: Alicia Sanderson Edwards
- Jennifer Steffin & Michelle Steffin: Rose Wilder (uncredited)
Victor French makes another special guest star appearance as Isaiah Edwards. Victor's performance is very dramatic and powerful as Isaiah in the story. Corinne Michaels appears as Grace Snider Edwards, replacing Bonnie Bartlett. (Michaels also appears in season four's "My Ellen", playing Eloise Taylor.) Although the real-life Almanzo lived to be 92, he never fully recovered his strength and had to walk with a cane. this is the last time we see Grace Snider Edwards Carl Sanderson Edward and Alica Sanderson Edwards and for the rest of the series will never seen again.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow (Part 2)||A Faraway Cry|