|"Episode 805: A Wiser Heart"|
|Season 8, Episode 805 |
# overall in Series
|Original air date||November 2, 1981|
|Written by||Chris Abbott|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
Gambini the Great
Laura attends a writing seminar in Arizona, but things don't go very smoothly, thanks to a less than honorable professor. The professor said to Laura that he should go out with her, if not, she will strike on the test. Laura will not be with the professor, so she strikes. Laura must work to have enough money to go to the school, so she starts as a dishwasher for a cold hearted restaurant owner. Michael Landon's daughter, Leslie, is in this episode as Laura's co-worker in the kitchen. Laura and Eliza Jane go on the school together and meet a student called Moart.
- Eliza Jane (to Laura): Do you believe in love at first sight, Laura?
- Laura: I suppose.
- Eliza Jane: I think this is going to be the best summer of our lives.
- Mr. Westehoff: Laura, can't you see that it's you I'm interested in?
- Laura: Mr. Westehoff, I'm married. We talked about my husband last night at supper.
- Mr. Westehoff: I don't see what the problem is. I'm married, too.
- Laura (to the ticket vendor): I'd like one ticket to Walnut Grove, please.
- Ticket Vendor: Will that be round trip?
- Laura: Oh, no. One way. (smiles broadly) I'm going home!
Behind the Scenes
- In the dish room in witch Laura accepts a job, she uses a running faucet of water this was the first time in that time it was used...........