|Season 8, Episode 3 |
#163 overall in Series
|Original air date||October 9, 1981|
|Written by||Larry Bischof|
|Directed by||Maury Dexter|
The Reincarnation of Nellie (Part 2)
James becomes very insecure about living in teenage Albert's shadow, and annoys him by emulating him. After he is caught stealing a razor blade from the Mercantile (after having broken Albert's original blade), James decides to run away. Albert searches for his younger brother and – in a bit of reverse psychology – tells him he's running away too. During a severe thunderstorm, the two take refuge in a large house, where the two brothers bond.
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Missy Francis: Cassandra Ingalls
- Jason Bateman: James Ingalls
- Almanzo (to Charles): I don't know how you do it.
- Charles: Do what?
- Almonzo: Raise five young'uns like that.
- Charles: Well, the more you have, the easier it gets.
- Almonzo: Really?
- Charles: Yeah, and if you believe that one, I have a bridge I wanna sell ya.
- James (to Albert after he breaks his razor): Albert? I'm sorry. I'm gonna save and buy you a new one.
- Albert: I don't want a new one. I don't even want to talk to you. Just leave me alone, will you?
- Albert (about James): You gonna punish him?
- Charles: Whether or not I do is my business, not yours.
- Albert: Nah, I didn't think you would. It's always the same thing: "Poor James. He's been through a lot. You have to be patient with him, be nice to him."
- Charles: He's part of our family.
- Albert: Well, that's not my fault!
- Charles: Albert, you know you wanted him to have a home with us just as much as I did.
- Albert: Yeah, but I didn't think it would be like this. Taking my things, following me around all the time. I wish he'd never come to live here in the first place!
- Charles: Albert, I'm sure glad Laura and Carrie didn't feel that way when you first came to live with us.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Reincarnation of Nellie (Part 2)||Dark Sage|