|"The Monster of Walnut Grove"|
|Season 3, Episode 5 |
#51 overall in Series
|Series:||Little House on the Prairie|
|Original air date||November 1, 1976|
|IMDb||The Monster of Walnut Grove|
|Written by||John Hawkins|
|Directed by||William F. Claxton|
"Little Girl Lost"
"Journey in the Spring (Part 1)"
A comedy of misunderstandings results when Laura sees what she thinks is Nels beheading his wife during an argument (Mrs. Oleson was actually in another room and left to go out of town early the next morning, but Nels had playfully beheaded a mannequin). Laura reports what she had seen to Nellie and Willie, who play along to have a little fun at their nemesis's expense.
- Michael Landon as Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle as Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert as Laura Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson as Mary Ingalls
- Lindsay Greenbush / Sidney Greenbush as Carrie Ingalls
- Barney as Jack
- Richard Bull as Nels Oleson
- Katherine MacGregor as Harriet Oleson
- Alison Arngrim as Nellie Oleson
- Jonathan Gilbert as Willie Oleson
- Charlotte Stewart as Eva Beadle
- Brian Part as Carl Sanderson Edwards
Uncredited Supporting Cast
- This episode is the first Halloween episode.
- You may notice during the bedtime scene where Laura is having a bad dream, a tree branch BANGS against their window. The only other time this has happened is during The Music Box where Laura is again having a nightmare. But, if you look outside during other scenes or episodes there has never been another time a tree has been shown that close to that side of the house.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Little Girl Lost||Journey in the Spring (Part 1)|