| Season 1, Episode 9 |
#9 overall in Series
|Original air date||November 6, 1974|
|Written by||Dale Eunson|
|Directed by||Leo Penn|
| Previous episode:|
Town Party, Country Party
| Next episode:|
The girls and Charles decide to surprise Caroline with a romantic holiday. When Grace Snyder can't make it, Mr. Edwards volunteers for the job. Later on, he finds the Ingalls' girls, especially Carrie, to be more than he can handle. Meanwhile, Caroline can't stop thinking about the children and worrying for their safety.
Charles and Caroline decide to go on a second honeymoon and leave Mr. Edwards in charge of the children. The honeymoon doesn't go very well because Caroline constantly worries about what is happening at home. Back in Walnut Grove, Mr. Edwards has his hands full with Carrie. 
- Michael Landon: Charles Ingalls
- Karen Grassle: Caroline Ingalls
- Melissa Gilbert: Laura Ingalls
- Melissa Sue Anderson: Mary Ingalls
- Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush: Carrie Ingalls
- Barney: Jack
- The voices of the unseen child actors at the play Charles and Caroline are voiced by June Foray, the legendary voice-over artist who gave life to Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha, Davey from Davy and Goliath, and the original Chatty Cathy doll.?
- Caroline jolts up in bed when she remembers that she forgot to tell the girls to collect the eggs and sell them. Later, the Mary and Laura jolt up in bed when they realize that they forgot to collect the eggs. The girls go outside in the rain, which wakes up Mr. Edwards and leads to him shooting a hole in the roof.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Town Party, Country Party||School Mom|