Bonanza is a western television series that ran on NBC from 1959 to 1973. Running for 14 seasons and 430 episodes, it is the second longest running western series on television, only behind Gunsmoke, which ran for 20 seasons and 635 episodes. The shows name comes from the Comstock Lode, which is a deposit of silver.
- Michael Landon (who starred as Charles Ingalls on Little House) played Little Joe Cartwright.
- Mitch Vogel (who appeared in two episodes of Little House as Johnny Johnson) played Jamie Hunter Cartwright.
- Leo Penn (who directed three episodes of Little House) directed 11 episodes between 1968 and 1972.
Behind the scenes
- Machael Landon often used themes and storylines from Bonanza into Little House on the Prairie.?
- Michael Landon would often think of Dan Blocker and gave the character Almanzo his hat in some episodes.?